Facebook Conversion Pixel

Monday, May 9, 2011

Malaysian Truly Asian

Another morning rush cab driver conversation:

Cabbie (checking me out from the rearview mirror): I think you're Malaysian.
Me: No, I'm Filipino.
Cabbie: You look like my Malaysian passengers. I'm impressed. You speak Tagalog well.
Me: That's because I'm Filipino.
Cabbie: But you live in a condo at the Fort, so you must be a foreigner.
Silence....huh?
Cabbie (started speaking in English): So you want me to go strrraight? Or rrright?
Me (in English): Turn right, please.
Cabbie: See! You ran out of Tagalog words! I knew it! Like a Korean pretending to speak Tagalog but will eventually run dry. I knew you were Malaysian. What do you call your currency again?
Me (Sigh. There's no arguing with this guy): Our currency is Ringgit.
Cabbie: Ah...ringgit (nods, finally satisfied)




No comments: